Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is available to you at Ocean Vista Counseling. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a powerful therapeutic approach that looks at your current thoughts and the behaviors they trigger. It hones in on your automated assumptions and how these manifest when you experience frustration or stress. CBT has proven positive results for chronic pain, insomnia, anger, anxiety, stress and other concerns.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, at least 1 in 5 adult Americans experience a mental illness, with nearly 10 million living with a severe mental illness. Approximately 21.5 million Americans face a substance use disorder every year. Millions more report suffering from low self-esteem.
In counseling we will help you to identify the unhelpful thoughts that inform your feelings, decisions, and actions, and challenge these in a safe and non-judgmental way. Ex: What do you think about “X?” Is this thought accurate? What is the likely reality in situation “Y?” Are your thoughts counterproductive? What would be a more plausible explanation?
CBT provides you with greater understanding of your internal dialogue, helping you to train different thinking patterns and beliefs to better reflect the reality around you and a more empathetic self-image. We goal is to ease your struggles, improve your problem solving, and to help you live a happier life.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy may be a good treatment approach for you if:
– You struggle with anxiety or depression
– You feel angry and experience trouble controlling your behavior or impulse
– A restful, sleep filled night sounds like a gift
– Anger makes it difficult for you to be around others
– Low self esteem is undermining your happiness
– Chronic pain is negatively impacting your mental health
– You would like to clear away destructive thoughts
– You wish to create a less stressed and better managed life
If you would like to schedule your appointment please contact us at 386-449-8600.