The career guidance sessions will provide you an open forum to discuss your current career, pros and cons of your position, and to explore future career options. Our counselors are available to meet you at our practice in Ormond Beach, Florida or through secure video conferencing.
We work with clients of all ages:
- Assisting high school students as they explore plans after graduation
- Assisting college students as they prepare to enter the workforce
- Supporting mid-life career changers that are not finding satisfaction in their current positions
- Providing support to clients as they re-enter the workforce; and
- Retirement planning, our counselors are there to support clients during this transition
To experience a happy life, it is important to find a career that you enjoy. A recent study concluded that over 50% of Americans are dissatisfied with their careers. Career dissatisfaction can lead to stress, anxiety, anger and even depression. This unhappiness can impact both your professional and personal life. If you are not happy spending 40 + hours a week at your job, it may begin to negatively impact the relationships you have with friends and loved ones.
Career planning can help you choose a career or completely change your career at any stage in your life. Embarking on a new career, though exciting, can also be incredibly stressful. Most people find they could use some help exploring and navigating during this journey.
You may want to discuss the following topics in your sessions:
- The importance of personal and professional balance in your work
- Your particular skills, talents, or interests to determine which career may be a good fit
- Higher educational opportunities and requirements
- Potential earnings of various fields and careers
- Daily work environments (office work, field work, traveling for your position)
- Opportunities for advancement with your current employer
If you are interested in exploring your future career plan with a counselor please contact our office at 386-449-8600 or complete our Appointment Request Form.